Technology meets corn.
Developed by Nature Works LLC, IngeoTM is a biopolymer used to make everything from packaging and consumer goods to fibers for apparel, furnishings and home and garden, that is derived from renewable resources instead of oil.
- IngeoTM is made from dextrose (sugar) that is derived from field corn already grown for many industrial and functional end uses. In North America, corn has been used first because it is the most economically feasible source of plant starches.
- Derived from 100% annually renewable resources
- The current use is less than 1/20th of 1% (0.0005%) of the annual global corn crop today, so there's little to no impact on food prices or supply.
- The process does not require corn, only a sugar source. This could be derived from sugar beets, wheat, or sugar cane.
- At current manufacturing technology, 2.2lb of corn creates 1lb of IngeoTM
- Making IngeoTM does not require the use of Genetically Modified materials.
- IngeoTM bottles are the fastest, safest, most economical and Earth friendly bottle to recycle!